Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cross that one off the list

I survived my first field trip!  Granted it wasn't a hard one (just a short walk down the street to the local park) but it's done.  Noah's PreK class went to Taylor Park with their 5th grade buddies today and I was lucky enough to be a chaperone.  Emmy hitched a ride in her stroller and off we went.  The morning was filled with slides, turtles, popsicles, water balloon toss/fight, and lunch (after a HUGE mishap) from McDonalds.  All in all, it was a great day.  Here are just some of my favorite pics from today:
Noah and his 5th Grade Buddy

Walking to the park...of course Noah would be closest to the other lane

A turtle visited the playground

Em and Uncle Justin (with Noah's PreK teacher)

Friends playing together

Popsicle time....look how red his cheeks are!

She really thinks she's in PreK

Water balloon toss

 My little brother works at the school as the afternoon PreK aide, he subs alot, and he coaches most of the sports teams.  Today he was the PE teacher/PreK aide.  All the kids LOVE Mr Justin. So when the water balloon toss was over, they were allowed to have a water balloon fight with the remaining balloons.  I have to figure out how to upload the video because it is awesome but here is a great action sequence for getting Mr Justin wet!
Justin was trying to get Emmy to throw him her balloon and Maddie was trying to pop her balloon on his head

She (and a few other kiddos) were successful!
 Noah just loves his buddy.  He was really excited to give him his gift (a Target gift card).  I'm glad I had the opportunity to catch this hug.
Hugs for his Buddy!!!
I can't believe that the school year is over already.  I know this sounds cliche but it really does feel like yesterday we were walking him to school for the first time.  He's grown up so much and matured (if a 4 year old can do that) so much.  I am so thankful that the Hubs and I made the last minute decision to enroll him.  Now he's got friends his own age, knows his alphabet, can spell his name (and other words), among many other things.  I'm just thankful we have another year of PreK left before Kindergarten.  I'm not ready for that yet.  Tomorrow is the first Last Day of School we'll celebrate with him....tear.... 

Happy Last Day of School to everyone!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. how adorable yay for you for surviving your first field trip, it does look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so cute! I love the ones of your son with his friend, and the kids getting your brother with water balloons. :)

    ReplyDelete