Monday, June 20, 2011

My obsession/hatred is back....

I'm back at it. I'm back on the running bandwagon.  And really hating every minute of it.  While I'm excited that my weekly (more like monthly) mileage has drastically increased, I'm hating every step I take.  Not only is it wicked hot in Florida right now.  It's like 90 degrees at 8pm...yes...pm...not am.  Last night's run made me feel absolutely horrible.  It was so hot and muggy.  I couldn't breathe and I'm sure my face was a wonderful shade of fire engine red.  I felt great after it though.  I think those 3 miles were harder than any of the half marathons I've done. 

Tonight's run turned into a walk, more or less.  I quickly learned that I can't run and text at the same time so I opted to play it safe and walk while having my conversations.  You might be asking, why wouldn't she just put off her conversations for the sake of a little exercise?  I say to you.....HELLO?!?!?!  I live for talking.  Texting is pretty much all I do and my primary form of communication.  Don't believe me?  Just ask the Hubs.  But really, it was awesome to talk to my good friends while still enjoying a brisk 3 mile walk. Exercise is exercise in my book.  I'm proud of myself for going out 2 nights in a row, in the heat  Let's see how long this lasts.....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment