Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekly Workout

I've linked up with Meghan once before but I'm so proud of myself for linking up this week!!!!
I've turned over a new leaf!  I'm trying to get in a routine with running.  I want to make it a permanent fixture in my life but haven't been able to yet.  But I think it's about to change.  Not only do I have a few more 5Ks scheduled, I also have a big 10 miler at Disney in October to train for.  The Hubs is running it too and there is NO WAY I can let him beat me.  Not because I don't think he can but because I'll never live it down if he does.  So I have that goal in mind that I need to start working towards.  I think this week was the jump start I needed.

On Sunday, I participated in the Clearwater Iron Girl 5K. I'll have my recap up tomorrow of the race but I ended up doing 3.18 miles according to my Nike+ app that I had going.  I didn't weave as much as I thought I did I guess.  It wasn't a great race for me but I finished it.  And that's all that matters.

I took Monday off because my body realized that I had done something so out of the ordinary that it went into shock. OK maybe not that dramatic but I was feeling it so I didn't want to push my luck.  I took the day off to relax

On Tuesday, I sported my yellow and blue in honor of the Boston Marathon tragedy.  I still can't wrap my head around all of it.  Once we got the kids to bed, I put on yellow and blue again and got on the elliptical for 26.2 minutes.  It was the least I could do.
Wednesday...I was determined to get back out and hit the pavement.  I did 3.1 miles, beating my Iron Girl time by about 15 seconds.  I'm considering it a PR.  I'm giving myself small victories and if that means PR'ing my training runs, then by golly that's what I'm going to do!  I had some wicked left shin pain when I finished, which isn't very exciting at all.  I'm horribly prone to shin splints (I think it's due to an injury I had years ago that affected a lot of the tendons in my foot/ankle) so I was not excited when it started back up again.

I don't even know what I did on Thursday but I know running wasn't involved.

Friday was another "rest" day but there was no resting to be done.  Work was CRAZY.  We were slammed and running around like crazy people.  I need to start wearing a pedometer when I go to work.  I'm sure I walk a million miles a day. I got a call while at work about Em and had to race to the pediatrician with her.  She's doing so much better now but it was a horrible afternoon/night.  I think I went to bed at 7:30pm.

Saturday turned into the type of day that we didn't plan.  Originally the kids were going with my in-laws to a circus and we were going to have a few hours by ourselves.  We were going to watch our friend who was competing in her first Cross Fit competition.  But with Em being sick, only Noah went to the circus and we didn't leave the house.  Once Em went down for a nap, I laced up my shoes and went out for a run.  I did 2.25 miles and recorded my fastest mile to date.  I wasn't trying for a fast mile either.  I just went out there feeling great.  I only did 2 miles because my shin pain started coming back and I didn't want to push it too hard.  I did a 0.25 mile cool down walk before heading back to the house.  When Noah got home, he wanted to go running so I took him out for a bit. We didn't go very far but let me tell you....the boy is fast.  It was fun to be out there with him.  I really hope I can instill the importance of a healthy lifestyle in him at a young age.  And who knows, maybe he'll end up being a race partner for me!!!
I can't wait to see what next week brings!!!!


  1. Good job girl! You're doing awesome. I love that Noah wanted to go for a run :)

  2. Congrats on Irongirl, I was there too! Thanks for linking up!

  3. Nice Job this week!! I love that you're so excited about running and can see yourself getting into a groove again! I'm excited for you!