Friday, April 12, 2013

What Am I Doing for Mother's Day?

Mother's Day.

The one day where all of us moms get to do whatever we want and no one can complain about it.  The one day where we're celebrated because of the ridiculously hard work that goes into being a Mother.  Let's be real, it's tough being a mom.  I'm sure I'm not speaking for myself alone when I say that being a mom has been a crash course in multi-tasking. We're pulled in every direction, whether it be getting clothes ready for the day, cooking dinner, spending time with our kids (and their Daddies), driving here and there, and passing out all the love we can.  All of that happens in about 20 minutes.  It's a tough job that doesn't have an owner's manual.  It's a "learn on the fly" type of thing.

But it's the most rewarding title that I have!  I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything.  I was born to be a mom.  And boy do I love Mother's Day!  I think I worked on my first 3 or 4 Mother's Days so I've only had about 2 Mother's Days to spend doing whatever I want.  Some women want to spend the day being pampered.  Some women want to lay around doing nothing.  Some women want to spend the day exploring the world.  I'm planning on spending my Mother's Day making strides to improve my health (and I'm planning on having the Hubs and the kiddos there cheering me on).

I'm excited to be participating in the Great Mother's Day Race this Mother's Day!  I'm on this journey (a very slow one at that) to becoming a runner and becoming a healthier example to my kids.  This race is exactly what I need. It's a race that's centered around celebrating Moms and families and healthy lifestyles.  I thought about signing up the entire family for the race but decided to do this one solo.  I decided to run on my own because that's the way I want to spend part of my special day.  I want to do something that is strictly for me.  And that's what this race will be.  A couple (times about a million) minutes and 3.1 miles of "me" time.  Time with my thoughts. Time with nature. Time on my journey to becoming a runner.

I know. I know.  Enough about me.  Let's talk race details.

When: Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 9:00am. Packet pick up will start at 8am on race day at the Registration table.
Where: Al Lopez Park (4810 N Himes Ave, Tampa FL 33614)
Who: This race isn't limited to just us Moms.  Grab your family and head on down!  Strollers are welcomed so pack up the kiddos!!!!!

This year the race will be chip timed (a new addition from last year's race) with prizes for top finishers in the age divisions.  There's goodie bags and  Dri-Fit tee shirts for participants.  Snacks will be provided before and after the race with lots of water along the way.

Registration is only $35 until May 11, 2013 and $40 on race day.  To make this race a little sweeter, all Life With My Loves readers can receive 10% off registration costs by using the code TBBLOG.  How awesome is that?!?

Sign up on Active.com and don't forget to take advantage of 10% off!!!

And while you're at it, like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!!!!

I'm excited about the opportunity to spend my Mother's Day having fun and making myself a better person (and to have my family cheering me on to the finish....hint hint Hubs!!!)  Why don't you join me?!?!?

Disclaimer: I received an comp'd entry into the Great Mother's Day Race in exchange for promoting the event.  I am not being paid to participate.  All opinions are my own. 
  Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I agree! We are multi-tasking queens! Sounds like a great race! I'm looking forward to Mother's Day! Pamper time! And I can't wait to offer a few free entries to this race during launch week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! You're like a super mom, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love showing my kids that being active as family is FUN!! See you there :)

    ReplyDelete