Friday, June 19, 2009

I was a rebel today

Went to the doctors for monitoring. Emmy looked pretty good on the strip. She had a few little variables (fluctuations in heart rate) but the doctor was ok with it today. She decided that I need to have bi-weekly NST from now until at least 32 weeks. So we're spending the beginning of the week and the end of the week at the office. They are going to be on a true first name basis with me.

No bleeding so we were able to get my fetal fibrinectin test. We'll have the result of that by my appointment on Tuesday. She also informed me that I have a bacterial infection, kinda like a yeast infection. So I'm on 7 days worth of antibiotics. To top it off, this infection is known to cause pre-term labor. Awesome. Just another thing to add to my risk factors. If I carry this baby to term, it will truly be a miracle.

She did mention that we are pretty much out of the woods for the baby to develop cerebral palsy if I had to deliver her right now. Thats a huge weight off my shoulders. Thats one of the huge complications of prematurity that I was concerned about. But its nice to know we're looking good from that aspect.

On to more fun stuff....I was a rebel and walked around Walgreens for about 10 minutes while waiting for my prescription to be filled. It was nice to be able to stretch my legs and walk a bit but after being on bedrest for a week straight, my body was not used to walking. I was glad to sit down afterwards.

Now its Rays time (aka Jason Bartlett time!!!)

~JRC and EPC~

No comments:

Post a Comment