Sunday, June 14, 2009

So much to tell....

So let me catch everyone up really quickly. We finally bought our house. We closed on it May 22nd (John's birthday) after holding the title company/real estate office hostage (thats for another day). We did a complete renovation in like 1.5 weeks and it looks amazing. I can't thank my dad and Tim for everything they did. We moved in, started to unpack, we're getting used to the idea that this is our home. We've kinda hit a plateau in unpacking and decorating though.

Baby news. Its a girl! Her name is Emily Paige...Emmy for short. Or if you're Noah, her name is Bob. I'm 29 weeks and up until last week, things were going smoothly. Ok that should catch everyone up to 4 days ago.

On Thursday (June 11) I woke up at 5:40 am and started getting ready for work. I noticed I had some bleeding and abdominal cramping but nothing too bad so I decided to go to work and wait until the OB's office opened at 8:30. When I got to work, I was cramping pretty bad and was still spotting. They sent me home (I tried to stay until I could talk to the OB but that was shot down big time). I should actually thank Jean and all of the night shift girlies for being so forceful. I called the on-call doc and she said to make an appointment. I got one for 10:20. Mom took me and I was definately having some bleeding but I had not dilated....good sign. Dr Dadisman put me on the monitors for a while to see if she could catch any contractions. Well I had about 3 and there was something else on the strip that caused her to contact the on-call doc to figure out a game plan. I was sent to Morton Plant Hospital to continue being monitored. Well I was planning on it being a quick visit. At 3pm, the nurse comes in and wanted to draw my blood for a test to check if there were any fetal blood cells mixed with mine. I was also contracting every 2-3 minutes (nothing big, I didn't even feel most of them). Then she said the doctor wanted to come and see me when she was done at the office (5pm). So I was stuck there. Mind you....I haven't been able to eat since breakfast that day and the 2 packs of graham crackers they gave me to try to wake the baby up. So Dr Ritter came, checked me out...I was still not dilated. Because I wasn't dilating and wasn't feeling too many of the contractions, if the test came back negative I could go home on strict bedrest until Monday when she wanted me back in clinic. If it was positive then I would be admitted overnight to run more tests. And of course, it was positive. The blood bank called when they had found 3 fetal cells and they were still counting. So I got to spend the night in a L&D room, had an ultrasound, was on the monitor every 8 hours, and finally got to eat. The next morning, Dr Fosnot came in and said I could go home. I had a probable abruption (placental separation from the uterine wall) although we couldn't see it on the ultrasound. So I was sent home on strict bedrest (I could take a shower, walk to the bathroom, and I could stand for no more than 15 minutes) and I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow for more monitoring, ultrasounds and appointment.

So I've been going insane just sitting around. I can't play with Noah and I don't think he understands why Mommy can't get off the chair. Its breaking my heart. Not to mention that I'm bored out of my mind and my butt hurts so much from sitting. I hadn't had any spotting since Thursday night but at 5pm today, I was blessed with spotting. So now I don't know what the plan will be. I'm just praying I'm not admitted for the rest of my pregnancy. Keep your fingers crossed.

I'll be posting more frequently because I'm bored so this is my way of venting.

~JRC and EPC~

No comments:

Post a Comment