Monday, July 27, 2009

Its starting!!!

After not getting more than 2 hours of sleep last night because of waves of backaches and contractions, not to mention John snoring, today started out very uncomfortable. We had our US today. Emmy looked good again and she weighs in at a whopping 5lbs, 12oz. I was so excited to hear that since last month she was 4lbs, 14oz. She's dropped from 77th percentile to 60th percentile. So I think I might get a petite little girl!!! NST didn't look fantastic. Emmy tried to be reactive but it didn't work all that well. I had a bunch of contractions, about 12 minutes apart. They never got any closer. When I had my visit with Dr Young, after hearing about my lovely weekend and failed "sleep test" (if I fall asleep during my contractions and don't wake up, its false labor. Last night I kept waking up), she agreed to check me and I'm dilated 1 cm. So we're making some progress. I got the official "when to go to the hospital" speech....if my water breaks or if my contractions get to be 3-5 minutes apart and I'm having trouble tolerating them. She also told us that a baby born at 35 weeks (where we are right now) should have no complications. That was a HUGE relief. So we're looking no NICU stay, unless something arises during labor.

With that being said, I'm going to try to start walking. I'm taking myself off of bedrest (well off as much as I can tolerate) to see if we can get things started. Walking is pretty rough but I'm trying.

Only complication that has come up since leaving the doctors office was a random bleed this afternoon. They always tell me that I might have some spotting after being checked. About 4 hours after being checked, I had a pretty good bleed...more than the original abruption bleed. I called the doctors and they said if I didn't stop bleeding in an hour to call back and I'd probably have a trip to the hospital. Well its stopped, thank goodness, but I'm nervous about another bleed. I'm not sure if this was related to being checked and being dilated since it was so long after the doctors appointment but who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. Keep your fingers crossed that there are no more bleeds and we go to the hospital because my water breaks.

Off to try to fall asleep tonight. I think my body is totally prepared for no sleep by the number of sleepless nights I've had over the past 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment