Friday, July 24, 2009

Same old, Same old

Well I'm sitting here at 34 weeks, 6 days pregnant. Today we had our first reactive NST within 20 minutes. I was off the monitor and in the car driving away 30 minutes after I got hooked up. It was a first and the doctor and nurses were all just as excited as Mom and I were. Dr Young signed off on my strip. She came in to see me and said "look at you still hanging in there." The way she said it made it very clear that she didn't think I'd still be pregnant. So we're surpassing everyone's expectations.

So what does that mean for us? Plan is to induce at 39 weeks. So we're looking at an induction around August 21st, unless I go into labor before then. We're adding growth to our ultrasound on Monday. I found out it doesn't really matter how big Emmy is on US right now. The only way they react to "large for gestational" age babies is if the baby weighs 11lbs or more at 39 weeks. Then they schedule a C-Section and forget vaginal labor altogether. I'm still on bedrest but I talked them into letting me walk a little more around the house. I've been tryiing to do some more walking but I've realized how weak I am and how hard this has been on my body.

Today I am completely uncomfortable. My back hurts and I'm having right sided abdominal pain. Whenever I'm standing, it feels like the baby is going to fall out. Not sure if this is a good sign or a bad one. All I know is that the abdominal pain is starting to feel like it did when I was pregnant with Noah and had to be admitted overnight. I had a lot of uterine activity on my end of the NST but I wasn't in a pattern and I think they aren't going to be concerned with it since I'm 34 weeks now. I'm sure if I was looking like I was going to get into a rhythm, I would have been sent to the hospital. So we'll see how the weekend goes. Fingers crossed Emmy wants to stay in for about a week or two more.

No comments:

Post a Comment