Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

So I was going to do a big long update on all the fun (both real fun and not so fun) that's been going on in the Crimella house but I couldn't pass up sharing the St Patty's Day gifts I made for Noah's class (he goes to St Patrick Catholic School...its only appropriate his class get goodies on this day!).  Noah's been out sick all week so I definitely wanted to send these in to let all the kiddos know that he's still thinking of them.  I wish I could claim this fabulous idea as my own but I can't.  I stumbled across it here.  A great idea AND a great printable....how could I go wrong?!? 

Drum roll please........

Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Supply-wise, all you need are rainbow Twizzlers (I had the hardest time finding these.  KMart was the only place that had them), chocolate coins, treat bags and the amazing tags found here.
Yes I'm OCD and separated them out by color

Gold coins courtesy of Party City
The rest is easy.  All you have to do is create your Twizzler rainbow, place inside a treat bag and throw some coins in. 
I wish I had put more coins in but it was for a group of 4-5 year olds.  I want their parents to still  like me after this
Now add the cute tag (with Noah's name, of course) and there you have it....an absolutely adorable way to spread some St Patty's Day cheer
The finished product
I wasn't there to see how the class responded to their goodies but my mom filled me in.  It seems that most of the teachers were head over heels for these tasty rainbows.  The Kindergarten teacher said she couldn't wait for Noah to be in her class so I can make cutesy things for her! 

Happy St Patrick's Day to everyone!!!

~JRC~

No comments:

Post a Comment