Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Oh it's that time of year.  The time where everyone goes through their houses, notices how much stuff they've accumulated over the past year, and weeds out the non-necessities.  That is where I find myself today.  Surrounded (more like trapped) by toys upon toys upon toys.  It actually looks like Toys R Us threw up in my house.  Everywhere you turn, I'm sure you'll find some sort of toy.  I even think there are toys in my bedroom (that sounds a lot dirtier than I anticipated...just kids toys, that's it sicko).

Well enough is enough.  I've had it up to here (picture my hand up at my forehead).  I will regain control of my house.  The toys will not win this round!!!

So I've tackled Noah's clothes.  Poor kid finally had a growth spurt and it's time to move on to 4T/5T clothes.  He's so stinkin skinny that he probably only needs 3T but he's got long legs so all of his pants are too short.  Now I'm depressed at everything I have to get rid of because it means I have to start shopping in the big boy section...I'm not ok with that.  But I digress.  I've been pretty good about Emmy's clothes.  She just needs to grow a little bit more so she'll fit in her 18M clothes. And she needs spring clothes....dresses, skirts, shorts, you name it.  But thats another chore to tackle with the Hubs.

The rest of my weekend off from work (I can't wait to never work weekends again...only 3 more weekend shifts left....ever) looks the same....cleaning closets, getting rid of toys (a covert mission that hopefully no one notices toys are gone), cleaning the house, decorating for Easter/Spring, and our big draft.

Oh yeah, our fantasy baseball draft is tomorrow.  I guess I should start looking at everything and formulate a game plan, instead of trying to act like I have one to the Hubs.  The Dominators will be back on top this year (or for at least the first half of the season because I'm sure I'll be bored with it by the All Star Break). 

Happy Spring Cleaning Everyone!!!
~JRC~

No comments:

Post a Comment