Friday, January 7, 2011

5 Years Ago.......

I married my best friend 5 years ago today.  At 1pm, at St Patrick Catholic Church on Saturday, January 7, 2006, I walked down the aisle to my future.  It was a picture perfect day and the most amazing wedding.  My parents made my childhood wedding dreams a reality.  As with any wedding, there were a few snags along the way but nothing catastrophic.  We got married and danced the night away!  It was the best wedding ever!!!

Our lives have changed so much from that moment.  John and I thrusted ourselves into married life.  We packed up all of our belongings, moved to Orlando, and started our lives together.  We figured out how to survive on our own.  We were blessed to become pregnant that first year and welcomed Noah into our lives 5 days after our first anniversary.  Shortly after, we made the move back home to Pinellas County.  Between the two of us, we've switched careers, gone back to school, dealt with financial issues, bought a house, bought a new car, and adjusted to our lives.  Our faith was tested when Emmy wanted to come into the world a little too early.  John stepped up to take care of our family while I was on bedrest.  He went from just being Daddy to being everything.  It was a difficult and emotional time but our little princess hung in there and was born healthy.  We rejoiced the day she was born because our family was complete. 

To say our relationship is picture perfect would be a complete lie.  Our relationship has been tested time and time again and somehow we've overcome all of it and stuck together.  As many times as I want to kill him, there are so many more times that I just can't be without him. He's everything I need and he's the perfect father for my children.  I love him more and more each day.

My dearest John, thank you for choosing me.  Thank you for loving me the way you do.  I cherish every day that we share together and look forward to the many years I love you always and forever!

Here's to many more years together!!!

~JRC~

A wedding day flashback!!!



And Two Become One

It's official!!!
This is one of my favorite pictures

It wouldn't be our wedding without a little line dancing!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment