Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Taking NYC by Storm....The Final Installment

So its the final chapter of the Hubs and I's trip to NYC.  If you missed any part of it, check it out here, here, here, and here.  I have loved reliving our trip through these posts.  Makes me want to go back even more!  So where to start......

Sunday we got up early so we could brave the line for the Met.  We got there at about 9:15 and the line was already into Central Park.  So we braved the line.  It wasn't too bad (if you consider a 2 hour wait in mostly shade not bad).  When we got up to the top of the stairs I thought, this is it!  I'm going to see Alexander McQueen's amazing fashion.  We entered to find another 3 hour wait inside the Met to get into the exhibit.  Yes....3 more hours.  It was unreal.  The Hubs looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if he wanted to wait in line.  So we opted against the wait.  Which I guess waiting 5 hours is a little (a lot) obsurd.  The line did make the rest of the museum pretty much empty so we were able to make our way through it pretty quickly.  We saw amazing statues, wonderful works of art, and had a great time.
No Soup for You....Soup Nazi's restaurant reopened

Another gorgeous Central Park view

We were probably 1 hour into our wait (so I guess this is halfway) and all these people were behind us

The Hubs in his favorite room of the Met...the pyramid room

That is a real mummy folks...creeped this girl out!!!

Me and the Hubs in front of the Met
From the Met, we headed to the Natural History Museum.  This museum was pretty cool although I wasn't aware that it was full of stuffed animals.  Like taxedermy or however you spell it.  The dinosaur exhibit was pretty awesome though. We took tons of pics for Noah but I won't bother you with a bunch of bones.  Just know it was pretty cool.  After our marathon museum day, we headed back to the hotel to relax and change before dinner.  After dinner, we headed towards the Empire State Building and it started to rain.  We pushed through, made it to the ESB and headed up to see the city at night.  I really wish I knew how to work my camera better (I got it a few days before our trip so I didn't figure all the settings out) because my night pics aren't the greatest.  The view was awesome (although I still think Top of the Rock is better!)
Look how bright Times Square is compared to the rest of NYC

The Hubs is looking at the camera screen, not the actual camera itself...silly boy!
 We walked around town and back through Times Square before heading back to the hotel for our last night in NYC.  Monday we woke up, got packed (tear), checked our bags at the lobby and wandered around town until it was time to go to the airport.  We walked back down to Macy's, saw Madison Square Gardens, checked out Grand Central Station, saw Bryant Park (home of Fashion Week...the Hubs didn't appreciate that fact as much as I do), and headed back to Times Square for lunch and shopping.  I was totally against eating at any restaurant we have in Florida but made an exception for Bubba Gumps.  We went to Bubba Gumps on our honeymoon and have a glass from that location.  From then on, we've gotten a glass from every Bubba Gumps we've been to.  Its kinda like a collection we have I guess.  We grabbed an amazing lunch and a glass that says New York City Times Square.  Definitely ranks up there with our Breckenridge glass from our honeymoon.  We shopped and headed back to the hotel, who had a town car waiting for us to take us to JFK.  I was so bummed to leave......

Madison Square Gardens

I love this view!!!


Me and the Hubs at Grand Central Station

Love!!!

At the New York Public Library (I hear it was in Ghostbusters)

Bryant Park

The Nederlander Theatre...original Broadway home of RENT!!!!!!

Our hotel
Our trip was absolutely amazing.  I loved every minute of it.  I loved all the walking, the blisters I got, all the lights, everything.  There isn't anything I would have changed (except leaving).  It was nice to hang out with just the Hubs for a few days too.  Our life is so hectic.  We're always coming and going and with 2 young kids, there's not too much alone time.  I think it was good for us to be thrown into a new situation together.  We had a great time and made great memories.  But it was also amazing to see the kids.  I will never forget how excited they were when we walked in the doors.  The screams, smiles, hugs, and kisses will be etched in my brain and on my heart forever.

I can't wait for our next trip to NYC!!!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had an amazing trip! FIVE hour wait?! Craziness!

    ReplyDelete