Monday, November 28, 2011

What a weekend....

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  I know I did.  Our Thanksgiving involved me not cooking ANYTHING!  My sweet mother did all the cooking.  We all went to my parents this year (we're usually at John's dad's...well not me...I usually work Thanksgiving) to spend our first Thanksgiving together without my Grandpa.  My grandma did rather well I must say.  It was a little hard for me but I didn't let anyone see that.  We feasted on turkey, stuffing, veggies, fruit salad, and squash casserole.  Let me just say....my pants had to be unbuttoned, and not because my post-"rip your gallbladder out of your belly button"-inability to wear buttoned pants for long periods of time.  I ate that much.  Then came dessert....homemade pecan pie (my fav) and a bunch of others.  Then I watched the NFL for the first time this season.  All in all, great Thanksgiving!

Who did Black Friday shopping???  I did!!!  I decided to hit up Bealls at midnight so I could pick up a new UF shirt for the game on Saturday.  I think stores opening at midnight meant more people shopped since they didn't have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn.  I've never seen so many people at Bealls in my life.  But I got my shirt, refrained from buying more USF goodies, and headed back home for a quick 2 hour nap before round 2.   I was at Mom's at 3:30am so we could head to the mall for an amazing deal on boots.  $120 boots for $30....yes please!!!  JCPenney's shoe department was a zoo and I found a pair of boots that I liked.  We headed to the checkout line and it was like the heavens opened.  The most amazing boots!!!   Out of line we went, found a cute holiday saleswomen, and the ultimate pair of boots were mine!!!  I did pay $40 but still...they were originally $120.  Happy Black Friday to me!!!  A quick trip to Old Navy for the perfect pair of jeans for my boots and a pit stop for a Peppermint Mocha and this girl was a happy camper!!!  We headed home so I could get another 2 hour nap before having to wake up to go to the USF game that started at 11am (who starts a game at 11am on Black Friday???)

The Hubs likes to call this weekend the Ultimate College Football weekend.  He lives for college football.  We went to 2 games in 2 days.  Almost the best weekend in his life.  A few years ago, he and a buddy went a UF game then drove back to Tampa to make the USF game by kickoff at 7:30.  2 games in 1 day....the Ultimate Day in College Football History...I think that's what he calls it.  But anywho....USF has had a rough time this year in the Big East (that's as nice as I can put it....I'm so disappointed this season) but I thought Friday would be different.  But it wasn't.  The Bulls were leading the whole first half and gave the game away in the second half.  So the Hubs and I left with a few minutes left in the 3rd, grabbed lunch at Cheesecake Factory and watched the end of the game on our phones.
The Hubs even wore green!!! 
Go Bulls!!!  Yes the stadium was that empty...sad I know
Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake....this is how I drowned my sorrows after the game
Next up....our day in the Swamp!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment