Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Germs, Germs all around

I have my latest victim of the horrible sickness that's going around like crazy.  Poor sweet Em is miserable.  She's had fevers, she's congested, coughing, sneezing, and has some weird eye thing going on (not pink eye though) and guess who's been the only person she's wanted?  Yep.  Me.  I'm constantly dodging sneezes and coughs.  She can't sleep unless she's propped up and the best way she sleeps is in between my legs, propped up on my hips.  It works for us but it really makes for a boring night for me.  I went to bed at 8:30 last night just so I could get her comfortable.  I mean I did end up on Pinterest and watching TV since I was not tired at that time but it still wasn't the way I planned my evening. Oh and I really haven't had a full night's sleep since Sunday.

But you know what? I'd do it all over again.  Every single time.  It's a funny thing that happens when you become a mom.  It doesn't matter how miserable you are, how sleep deprived you are, you'd do anything to make sure your sweet child is comfortable. You'd sacrifice anything to make sure your kids have what they need.  And it's a sacrifice you'll make time and time again, no matter how old your children get.  So here I am, missing work so I can take my lil sickie to the doctor (because I don't really trust anyone else to take them....the Hubs knows this is true), tired beyond belief, and ready to snuggle my germ infested the minute she needs me.

Now where's the bleach?
   Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing! I feel your pain; my household has had someone sickly since Thanksgiving! Maybe a nomination of a Liebster award will make you feel better? Head on over to my blog to claim it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a million years late to this, but I"m so sorry Em was so sick. That's so tough on both baby and mama! Hope the illness has left your family alone now. :)

    ReplyDelete