Friday, June 29, 2012

Those were the days

Remember the days when all that mattered was the design of your Lisa Frank folders, what type of backpack you had, or who was gracing the front of your lunch box?  Those were the days, weren't they?

My kids remind me daily about how easy life was back then.  The things that were important to us when we were younger (and often seemed world changing) are the farthest things from important when we grow up.  One day your day is ruined because your Lego creation broke. The next day you're worrying about your mortgage, bills, and where your kids are going to go to school.  It's like one day you didn't have a care in the world and the next day the weight of the world is on your shoulders.

I've been pretty open about my anxiety lately.  I'm trying my best to just relax and enjoy life, rather than stress about things.  I'm trying my best to live in the moment instead of worrying for the future.  I've found that seeing the world through my children's eyes helps calm me down.  It brings me back to reality and reminds me that life with what we create.

We should write our own stories, not have our stories written for us.

I'm determined to write my own.

And it's going to be a damn good one ;)
    Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sista! It is so hard to think this way once we grow up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. :) It's so easy to forget what life was like as a child, when your biggest problem was that your parents wanted you to clean your room. Good reminder to step back and try to see the world the way we used to!

    ReplyDelete