Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Meet Froggy

We had a house guest a few weekends ago. Noah was chosen to bring home his class mascot, Froggy.  He was super excited to have him for the weekend, especially because we had a very exciting weekend planned!  Little did I know that it would be a lot of work for me but that's totally besides the point.  The idea behind Froggy is that he gets to go everywhere with you.  Noah had to bring him everywhere we went and we captured the experiences in pictures for his journal (aka scrapbook that the parents have to make aka Momma homework).
Excited that Froggy is with us!  Froggy was definitely in the holiday spirit
Noah started the weekend off by spending a hour or so with his Grandma and PaPa (my parents).  He and Froggy played games, played catch, and Froggy even climbed to the top of their waterfall.  I don't have any pics of this but my Mom snapped a few for the scrapbook.  That night, the Hubs and I were hosting a Friends Dinner at our house.  A little combination of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.  While the Hubs finished up the cooking, I took the kids across the street to Winterfest with one of our friends.  Noah wanted to tube down the snow hill and play in the bounce houses for a bit.  Of course Froggy came in tow.  He went down the snow hill with Noah and had a blast.  Mindy went down with Em so I could snap a pic.  Dinner turned out to be a huge success.  I don't think I've laughed so much in a long time.  The Hubs and I are blessed with great friends (yes I sound like a broken record).  I'm thankful for my job because without it, I wouldn't have met these awesome ladies.  OK sappy part over.

On Saturday, we hung around the house for most of the day because we were headed to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens that night.  It was a cute event!  We waited for 1.5 hours to play in the "snow" for 10 minutes but it was well worth it.  My kids haven't seen snow before so they were enchanted!  Noah got to take Noah in the snow!  Froggy seemed to have a great time as did Noah and Emmy.  The Hubs and I even got into the winter spirit!
Noah, the Hubs, Froggy, and the snowman 
making snow angels
Froggy just chillin in the snow
Noah was saying "My hands are cold. My hands are cold"
The Hubs and I having a little fun in the snow
Sunday we slept in a little and then Noah took Froggy for a bike ride.  Let me tell you how hard it was to get Froggy to stay on his bike securely.  There was no way I was going to let something happen to the class mascot on my watch.  We printed out pictures, I got to work on Froggy's journal, and Noah took Froggy to bed with him one last time.  Monday morning meant Froggy and all of his things, had to return to school again.
riding with Froggy
It was really nice seeing Noah having a good time with Froggy.  He was wishing and hoping that he would be chosen to take him home this particular weekend because we had so much planned.  His teacher was planning on sending him home with us for Noah's birthday weekend but he was so excited for this weekend so we opted for this weekend instead.

 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is precious! When I read the first part of the post without seeing the picture though, I was going to think they sent him home with a real frog!! EEP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea! Props to Noah's teacher for such a good idea. Looks like you all took great care of Froggy. I bet him and the kids had a GREAT weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! Looks like Froggy had a blast with you guys!

    ReplyDelete