Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Craft Wish List

I feel my DIY juices flowing!!!  I have found so many ideas on Pinterest of things I had planned on buying in stores that I can make myself...and save some moolah!!!  I've planned out 2 teacher gifts already, just need reasons to give them (or reasons to tell the Hubs so I can buy the supplies...love you Hubs!!!), I've already picked out potential Christmas gifts to make, and I've found so many tutorials for apothecary jars.  I have been planning a stellar Christmas decoration that I cannot wait to share with all of you for months now and all I needed were the jars.  Now I can make millions of them for half the amount of money I was willing to spend to buy them.  Look how thrifty I've become!!!

So here's just a few things I need to get all of this underway:
1. Hot glue gun.  I don't know how I've survived my adulthood without one.  And come to think of it, I think my mom always had one growing up.  Why didn't I ever get one?
2. E-6000 and Gorilla glue.  Can't glue stuff together without this (obviously when I can't use the above mentioned hot glue gun)
3. Chalkboard paint.  Any ideas about making it yourself?  I've seen a couple DIY recipes but is it better to just buy it?
4. Mason jars.  I just love them in general but I didn't realize they had so many uses!
5. A basic sewing kit.  I don't even own a needle.  Not a one.  I have tons of scrapbooking supplies and tons of ribbon but no needle and thread.  Ultimately I want a sewing machine but we'll have to work up to that. I have huge aspirations of making my own scrub tops and making dresses for Emmy
6. Buttons.  Again, I never realized the unlimited uses buttons had.  I always get rid of the extras on my clothes.  You can use buttons on anything!!!
7. Ribbon.  I have a little stash going but I need more.  Plus Emmy's hair is getting longer so soon I will be putting ribbons around her ponytails.  I also want to make hair clips for her so they are a must.
8. Fabric.  I think I need to start a fabric collection.  Not yards and yards of it but scraps of random fabrics.

That would be a great start.  I have a real desire for a Cricut machine or a Silhouette.  I love the idea of being able to cut your own diecuts and wording for scrapbooks but I really want to be able to cut vinyl.  I have so many ideas for vinyl. 

I can't wait to get crafty and of course, share it all with you! 

In non-crafting news, we took Noah to Disney on Ice last night and had a blast!  It was an awesome show and Noah (and Mommy) loved it.  Here's a pic of me and my lil man.  This is also the first time I've worn real pants in 2 weeks.  Let me tell you...after about an hour of having the button rub my incision, I was ready for my sweats.  I may or may not have had them unbuttoned during the entire performance!
I can't believe how grown up he is now!
Hope everyone is having a good football Saturday!  The Hubs's Gators won and my USF Bulls won!!!  GO BULLS!!!

    Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment