So here's just a few things I need to get all of this underway:
1. Hot glue gun. I don't know how I've survived my adulthood without one. And come to think of it, I think my mom always had one growing up. Why didn't I ever get one?
2. E-6000 and Gorilla glue. Can't glue stuff together without this (obviously when I can't use the above mentioned hot glue gun)
3. Chalkboard paint. Any ideas about making it yourself? I've seen a couple DIY recipes but is it better to just buy it?
4. Mason jars. I just love them in general but I didn't realize they had so many uses!
5. A basic sewing kit. I don't even own a needle. Not a one. I have tons of scrapbooking supplies and tons of ribbon but no needle and thread. Ultimately I want a sewing machine but we'll have to work up to that. I have huge aspirations of making my own scrub tops and making dresses for Emmy
6. Buttons. Again, I never realized the unlimited uses buttons had. I always get rid of the extras on my clothes. You can use buttons on anything!!!
7. Ribbon. I have a little stash going but I need more. Plus Emmy's hair is getting longer so soon I will be putting ribbons around her ponytails. I also want to make hair clips for her so they are a must.
8. Fabric. I think I need to start a fabric collection. Not yards and yards of it but scraps of random fabrics.
That would be a great start. I have a real desire for a Cricut machine or a Silhouette. I love the idea of being able to cut your own diecuts and wording for scrapbooks but I really want to be able to cut vinyl. I have so many ideas for vinyl.
I can't wait to get crafty and of course, share it all with you!
In non-crafting news, we took Noah to Disney on Ice last night and had a blast! It was an awesome show and Noah (and Mommy) loved it. Here's a pic of me and my lil man. This is also the first time I've worn real pants in 2 weeks. Let me tell you...after about an hour of having the button rub my incision, I was ready for my sweats. I may or may not have had them unbuttoned during the entire performance!
|I can't believe how grown up he is now!|