Monday, May 23, 2011

Love at the Happiest Place on Earth

The title might as well say I Love the Happiest Place on Earth.  That about sums up our relationship with all things Disney.  My friends make fun of me for spending so much time there but I just can't get enough.  Plus we are fortunate enough to live less than 2 hours away from Disney and have annual passes, so why not spend a ton of time there?

I decided to take the Hubs to Disney for his birthday (I know...really generous of me since it didn't cost us anything...it's the thought that counts, not the price tag). It was a last minute idea and when I say last minute I mean we booked our hotel on Tuesday. I don't know if I've shared this with ya'll yet but I don't do spontaneous. It stresses me out. It's just not in my personality. So this was a big deal for me. We said goodnight to the kids, packed our stuff, grabbed a few hours sleep, and headed out bright and early Saturday morning for a weekend of magic. 

We got to Magic Kingdom just after it opened and took advantage of the lack of children by our sides and rode the "grown up" rides.  We did all our favorites, enjoyed "us" time (ie holding hands not strollers), and busted through everything by 1030.  That should tell you how not crowded it was.  We hopped on the monorail over to Epcot, walked around, grabbed some lunch and headed to the hotel around 2 to check in, unpack, and relax.  Magic Kingdom was open til 1am so we decided to relax and rest up so we could last til closing time.  We opted for the outlet mall (aka the new Vera Bradley outlet...heaven in a shop.  I really want to move in there) and dinner then headed back to Magic Kingdom.  Rode the rides again, caught the fireworks (no one does a fireworks display like Disney), and called it a night around 11.  There was no way we were making it to closing time.  All in all, great first day.

Cue the millions of pictures of the Hubs and me (sorry....we pretty much only take self pictures)
With my prince at the castle

I can NEVER get enough of this place
 
I'm notorious for cutting off the Hubs head

At Epcot with a couple of our good friends

People Mover

This is how we relax

Now starts the "photos while driving" portion of the show

My favorite picture...pretending to be scared

At the Speedway

On the Disney train (I'm trying to stay awake)
The next day we got up to head to Hollywood Studios for Star Tours.  They revamped the ride and it just opened, just in time for Star Wars weekends.  Now we had quite the ordeal last year at Star Wars weekend and I swore I'd never go back during these weekends but this just proves how much I love the Hubs.  We had 2 turns at Star Tours, 2 turns on the Rock & Roller coaster, Tower of Terror, the Great Movie Ride, Muppets 3D, and the Indiana Jones stunt spectacular.  It was pretty crowded and mighty hot so I was glad that we left around 1 and headed home to see the babies.
Star Tours and the 3D glasses

Muppets and our 3D glasses

Hollywood Studios
I'm so glad we decided to do this.  The Hubs deserved a fun birthday and we owed it to ourselves (and our marriage) to spend some quality time with each other.  The Hubs and I have had a rough time over the past couple of years but now we're putting the focus back on us (as much as we can with 2 amazing children who need us almost as much as we need them).  I'm so lucky to be able to just hang out with him {I kinda like him :)}
  Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are adorable!! And annual passes?? I'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete