Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We have a big girl now!

That's right.   Our baby girl isn't a baby anymore.  For some reason I never think of Emmy as a toddler.  I always think of her as a baby.  I don't know if its because she's so tiny (she's 25th percentile on height and weight and still wears 12m clothes) or if it's because I don't want to imagine her as a toddler.  I also have a hard time believing that I am old enough to have an almost 5 year old but I digress.  But now that I'm tearing up a bit, back to the main reason why I'm updating.....

We awoke Sunday morning to a beautiful day and the screams of a little girl.  This was not her normal crying because she wants out of the crib.  This was painful crying.  The Hubs beat me to her and low and behold, Emmy fell out of her crib.  That's right.  The Hubs found her on her hands and knees, on the floor of her room, screaming bloody murder.  Our little baby figured out how to, ungracefully, escape her crib.  She ended up not being injured, thank goodness.  We decided then and there that it was time to convert her crib to a big girl bed.  We're on day 2 of the big girl bed and things are going ok.  She was so exhausted on Sunday from our fun day at the beach (more on that to come) so the first night was a breeze.  Naptime on Monday was easy peasy too.  Monday night, the tables turned.  After about 20 trips back and forth, corralling her back to her bed, I was ready to put the crib back together.  But we're hanging in there and she's doing pretty good.  I just need prayers and support as I come to terms with my baby not being a baby anymore. 

Almost makes me want to have another baby.

Ok that feeling is gone.

I just can't believe that Em will be 2 in a few short months.  She's gone from this:
A few hours old....August 13, 2009
to this:
Almost 22 months old....May 24, 2011
in the blink of an eye.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment