1. What is your dream job? I honestly have my dream job. I'm a Mommy and a Nurse. I never grew up thinking I'd be a nurse but I am truly where I need to be. I love what I do and I can't imagine myself doing anything else.
2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time? I'd love to work for Disney as a PhotoPass photographer. The Hubs thinks I'm nuts because of this but I just know I'd love it. I'm in love with photography. I obviously love Disney. But how awesome would it be to capture those special moments of a child meeting their favorite character, someone proposing to their love in front of Cinderella's Castle, or just having a dream come true? I couldn't imagine something more exciting to do with my spare time.
3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I was going to be a Pediatrician ever since I was 5. And I'm so glad I'm not a doctor. I feel like I'm smarter than a lot of the residents that work at our hospital!
4. What piece career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field? Don't listen to those people who say you should work Med/Surg before going to a specialty field. If you know you want to work Critical Care, jump right in and do Critical Care. I think that Med/Surg nonsense is just that...nonsense. Do what you want to do with your career. Don't suffer through a year of something that doesn't interest you just because someone said to.
5. Biggest Pet Peeves either in life or in blogging or at work: Life: people who talk on cell phones in check out lines, boring baseball commentators, people who can't push a stroller at an appropriate speed in public, people who walk on the wrong side of the mall (we all know that each direction has it's own side of the building...stick to the correct side!!!), skinny people who constantly complain that they're fat (just being real), hangers that don't hang in the same/right direction Work: people who don't help out others, charge nurses who leave before checking in with every nurse who's on the unit to offer help, when pharmacy delivers meds for a patient and leaves the previous patient's meds in the same bin, when chemo orders have things crossed out on them, a messy report sheet Blogging: no-reply comments (I want to reply back!!!), people who make a point to say "follow back" (I follow blogs that I find interesting, not because someone asked me to follow back), hard to read fonts
6. Biggest Fears: clowns, heights, not being a good enough Mom for my kids, my kids getting a life threatening disease (unfortunately I think about this one all the time thanks to my line of work), failure
Great questions girls!!! This one might be my favorite yet!!!