|At the top of the mountain|
|It's over exposed but I love her face in this one!!!|
Today's Holiday Blog Challenge topic is Christmas dessert/treat recipe
This one is a Go-To recipe for me when it comes to gifts. I made them for Christmas gifts 2 years ago and then made them for the teachers at Noah's school last year during Teacher Week. I found it in a Taste of Home cookbook. You can find it here.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- White candy coating, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Beat in cream cheese. Dissolve coffee in water; add to cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Chill until firm enough to shape. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate coating; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Melt white coating and drizzle over truffles if desired. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Totally easy and definitely worth the calories!!!